Motel Musings: Toiletries

My family’s motel had complimentary bottles of shampoo in the bathrooms, but they were not for the guests. They were for me. Forgetful lodgers would leave half-empty shampoo bottles, and I would inherit them. Growing up, I never lathered with the same shampoo twice, but I used every type of the stuff imaginable, culled from the vast inventory of partial bottles my mother kept beneath the kitchen sink. The worst is when I would grow attached to a particular brand -- if I found Prell did wonders for my volume, it was all undone by Head & Shoulders a few days later. It saved us money, but destroyed any chance I had at hair consistency.

For a HOTEL take on toiletries, visit Hotel Me More.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I think you need to share a photo or two of your lovely locks with this post

Motel Me More said...

Maybe all those shampoos I used as a youth are why my hair won't stay down today...